Sunday, February 12, 2012

Interview with Hip-Hop Producer and Model K. Scott

Why stick with your name as a producer name and not come up with something different?
The Reason I stuck it out with my real name is because when I’m older I wouldn’t want to be know by some obnoxious nickname that'll be with me to the grave,  also it’s more professional.  

What inspired you to make beats, and is there a moment in your life when you said, "I must do this?"
I’ve always had a real love for music,  it’s the basis to everyday life.  Most people start the day with a song that puts them in a certain mood, and for me I grew up listening to a lot of reggae music so my mood was always relaxed.  When I moved to America and got introduced to Hip-Hop music at age seven and was blown away by the contentious style of the artist that were out and it’s similarity to reggae music, I was instantly hooked.

Who are some producers you that influence you and if you could aspire to be like one who would it be?
A lot of music producers inspire me, but one of my most influential musicians would have to be Swizz Beatz. Through his years within the music industry,  he’s always been behind the scenes making hits and establishing power in the entertainment industry. Later on within my career I would love to be in the same sentence as the musical milestone Quincy Jones,  I’ve got a long way to go.

''Serenity'' (Prod-K.Scott) Sample Clip from ♚K.Scott♚ on Vimeo.


Where do you draw your unique sounds and music from?
I draw my sound from the Native American people, the chants, the instruments and belief system that they bring their culture.

If you could make beats for one artist today who could really go well with your beats, who would it be?
The one artist I think would be perfect for my sound would have to be Drake, because his music symbolizes spirituality and with my rugged creative abilities mixed with his musical strengths we’ll make greatness.

What is some of the gear you use, and how long has it taken to you to get to this point now?
I’ve been making music since I was fourteen and I started with a program called Fruity Loops and then later on I was introduced to Ableton Live, it’s one the easiest programs to make music.


What do you plan to do with your music and where do you see yourself in five years?
In five years I aspire to evolve the hip-hop culture, and take my music global to inspire generations to be whoever and whatever they want to be in life.


You are also, model. Tell us a little about that.
Music and fashion has always been in the same realm when culture and art come into play, and modeling is a way that fans can interact with me on a artistic level.

Pros and cons of both, and how can they work hand in hand?         

It's More exposure when you have a certain presence in the music and fashion industry, but when it comes down to business its always stressful when your in high demand.



''Night Air'' (Prod-K.Scott) Sample Clip from ♚K.Scott♚ on Vimeo.



http://kscottofficial.com/
Facebook
Vimeo



''Chief'' (Prod-K.Scott) Sample Clip...Sold# from ♚K.Scott♚ on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments and feedback below. I'd love to hear your feedback whether positive or negative, and I always respond. Thanks for reading!