Thursday, March 14, 2013

'Swing Swing' The All American Rejects (Throwback Thursday)


Today's Throwback Thursday is "Swing Swing" by The All American Rejects from way back in 2002.  This song holds a special place in my heart for being the first song I ever learned on the drums and the first cover I played with my first band, For Lack of a Better Word (a lot of firsts I know).

Just looking back and realizing that the Rejects dropped their debut album 11 years ago is blowing my mind. In 2002 I was a Freshman in High School and just beginning my musical career. It's good to know these guys are still around but in my opinion nothing tops this first self-titled album. All the songs were catchy and well written with the perfect amount of pop and rock. Everything else afterward has seemed too forced or mainstream.

My band For Lack of a Better Word lasted until I was about 16 or 17 and unfortunately we never played a show in that time. We were just high schooler's have fun. Who knew that all these years I'd be a rapper/vocalist completely ceasing to play drums and abandoning my punk and pop-punk roots (sorry guys, I still have love for you!)

So now my faithful readers, I ask you to take a look back to what you were doing 11 years ago. How different were you? Do have the same music tastes? Did you play? Leave your comments below!








P.S. - Shout out to the original line For Lack of a Better Word lineup from 2001.

Steve Keely - Guitar/Vocals
Justin Sarachik - Drums/Vocals
Joe Frisina - Bass
Mike Testa - Guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments and feedback below. I'd love to hear your feedback whether positive or negative, and I always respond. Thanks for reading!