Thursday, March 28, 2013

'Time & Time Again' Chronic Future (Throwback Thursday



Today's Throwback Thursday is especially meaningful to me because of the impact Chronic Future had on my life as a musician. Although relatively unknown to most, they are my favorite band and their music singlehandedly launched the creation of my band Process of Fusion.

I first heard "Time & Time Again" on the soundtrack for MVP Baseball 2004 of PS2. I immediately went and bought their CD Lines in My Face at Best Buy the next day. I was completely hooked on that album. A few years later when I got a credit card I went and bought all their albums off of Amazon and discovered so much amazing music.

None of their albums sound alike with genres crossing between rap and rock, punk, nu metal, ska, reggae, hardcore, and later on electronic.

At the time of this release (2004), CF had been signed for almost ten years already having been discovered at the young ages of 13. Knowing they were so young inspired me to press on with my music. I had just started rapping myself, so the timing was perfect.

After Lines in My Face and the success of "Time & Time Again" the band never really picked up any more steam. They released two EP's and an album of demo's along with a teaser of a new full length in the works. That album never came, and nothing has been heard from the band sine 2009 on their Myspace. Since then I've only gotten my fix by finding rarities scattered across the web and downloading them.

It appears they are on hiatus and working on their record label Modern Art Records, and that is all I know.

So, if you are a fan of Linkin Park, Rage Against the Machine, Sublime, 311, Flobots, 21 Pilots, or even Process of Fusion, check these guys out!

1 comment:

  1. I too am a long time fan of Chronic Future, and as you mentioned "rarities scattered across the web", I thought I'd ask: have you had much luck in that department? There are still a handful of the demos they put up briefly that I grew to really like and could never find again. If you know somewhere I could look to find them I'd really appreciate the help.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments and feedback below. I'd love to hear your feedback whether positive or negative, and I always respond. Thanks for reading!