Sunday, March 4, 2012

Interview with Producer Joe Josh

Who are you and what do you do?
My name is Joe Josh. I'm a banker by day and music producer by night.

What is your background in music?
first played piano at 6 years old by ear...then starting learning how to read music. From there I began playing in recital's in front of hundreds for the next couple of years. I got bored fast playing other people's music...I wanted to make my own songs. At 20 years old I started learning how to take my piano skills and make songs using computers and programs. Now I'm working with more and more artists every day and the names are getting more and more famous.

How long have you been producing beats and what drives you to do so?
I've been producing beats for almost 8 years now. I started making House/Club music with VTone, a friend/ major DJ in the Club Scene. Everything I do drives me to make a song out of it...I listen to all genres of music, I think its all work of art.

Who are some of your influences in production?
Some of my influences are AraabMuzik, Timbaland, Dr Dre, Scott Storch, Ryan Leslie, and many more but those stick out the most. You can listen to a track and like it...but when u listen to a track and it gives u goosebumps and moves you–that's what I strive for in my music.



If you could produce for any well known rapper, who would it be and why?
I would want to work with every mainstream artist available but what really matters to me are the artists that have the talent to take our songs to the next level and put in the same amount of love, sweat and tears I put into my music.

What gear do you use?
I use an iMac and a M-Audio midi keyboard. On my iMac i have thousands of dollars of sounds, plugins and effects, but you never have enough. From there I will go to my studio where I can mix and master my beats.

Where do you hope to take your production work?
I want to hear my music on the radio, TV, and Internet. I want to have such an impact on music that people will automatically know when they are listen to a jOE jOSH production. I want to be surrounded by music, whatever it is!



Where do you see yourself in five years as far as music?
5 years from now I can see myself working with major artists in the game...helping the hip hop/rap genre come back to life. Bringing back the talent that this industry is missing.

Top 5 best rappers dead or alive?
Eminem, Biggie, Jay Z, Drake, Big Pun.

Anything else to add?
I do this because I love to do it and I'm going to continue making HIT after HIT. So either hop on for the ride or GET RUN THE F**K OVER!



Facebook
Youtube

Joe Josh is the newest member and official producer for the Broken Records Collective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments and feedback below. I'd love to hear your feedback whether positive or negative, and I always respond. Thanks for reading!